|Call for Applicants: The 2020 May 18 Academy|
|Date : 2020-09-03 Hit : 1126|
Call for the 2020 May 18 Academy Applicants
1. About the May 18 Academy
The May 18 Academy is designed for young human rights defenders in the world. Since 2004, over 400 individuals from about 60 countries have participated in the program. This year, the Academy will be carried out online due to the Coronavirus pandemic under the theme – “The May 18 Spirit and Democracy” We welcome anyone meeting the requirements below.
- Fluency in oral and written English (compulsory)
※ With the English language proficiency above, one must meet one of the below three
- Presently working for a human rights NGO
- Freelancer activist with one year or more experience
- A student majoring in the relevant fields
3. Application Process
※ All documents should be written in English.
❍ Documents to Submit
- A Copy of Your Valid Passport
- Organization’s legal identity/registration and Activities certificate and/or University certificate
- Application form [Page A]
- Motivation Statement [Page B]
- Advocacy Plan [Page C]
- Essay [Page D]
- CV (3 pages limit)
※ Complete the application form and save it under the file name: Name_May 18 Academy_Application 2020.docx ㅣ
※ Save your Organizations legal registration and Activities certificate and/or University certificate:
Name _May 18 Academy_Certificate 2020
※ Save your CV under the file name: Name _May 18 Academy _CV 2020
※ Save your Essay under the file name: Name_May 18 Academy_Essay 2020
※ Essay Mode
- Title: Times Ne Roan, 17 Point
- Text: Arial, 12 Point
※ E-mail All documents above to email@example.com with the subject line: Name_May 18 Academy_2020
4. Participants Are Required
- To take entire online lecture by November 13, 2020 (Korea Standard Time) and
- To submit two assignments (group and individual) by November 20, 2020, 18:00 (Korea Standard Time: GMT +09:00)
- The Foundation will do selection and grouping consecutively.
5. Participants Benefits
- Will be granted with a 2020 May 18 Academy Certificate
- Will receive extra points if apply for next year’s Academy.
- Will be preferred for Foundations future events
6. Selection Process
- Application Deadline: Sunday, September 20, 2020, 18:00 (Korea Standard Time: GMT +09:00)
- Selection list will be announced on Friday, September 28 on the Foundations Website
- Incomplete application forms will not be accepted.
7. Contact Us
For more information, please contact:
Ms. Yoo Jung at firstname.lastname@example.org / +82-62-360-0522
Ms. Inrae at email@example.com / +82-62-360-0521
You can also visit our website at http://eng.518.org for further information.
|Prev||Call for Nomination: The Gwangju Prize for Human Rights 2021|
|Next||Call for A Foreign Staff (9/18~24)|