|Call for Applications: Gwangju Democracy Challenge|
|Date : 2021-02-18 Hit : 1173|
< Gwangju Democracy Challenge>
The May 18 Memorial Foundation will hold a Gwangju Democracy Challenge on the May 18 Democratic Uprising, democracy,
and human rights(GDC hereafter).
It is as part of the 2021 Gwangju Democracy Forum(GDF), the new name of the formerly known Gwangju Asia Forum.
It is also to select partners of its UDPMA (Universal Day for the Prevention if Militarism and Authoritarianism) project
that the Foundation has carried out in collaboration with its international networks since last May.
GDC aims to promote the Spirit of the May 18 Democratic Uprising and to expand the consensus of the need of UDPMA
designation by sharing the current democratization movements in the world as well as the severity of militarism and
authoritarianism that is prevalent, especially under the pretext of controlling and preventing the worldwide pandemic.
Submitted work pieces will undergo two evaluation phases – one an offline one by the GDC Selection Committee
and the other by online popular votes.
The winners of the initial evaluation will be shown at the 2021 Gwangju Democracy Forum Opening Ceremony and
the 2021 Gwangju Prize for Human Rights Awards Ceremony.
Please refer to the below for details:
m When to submit: February 17 ~ March 28, 2021 (Korea Standard Time: GMT +9:00)
m How to submit: Via E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
m Who are eligible: Anyone interested in democracy and human rights
m Languge: Korean or English
m Number of final winners: Up to six
m Awards: Final winners will be entitled to the below:
1. Total of $6,000 USD
(Above prize money will be divided by winners)
2. Being designated as a core partner of the UDPMA project
m Contents categories (Select one item from the list below)
1. A cover version of the song March for the Beloved with its lyrics translated to your own language
* Please refer the attached music note.
(Reference Video: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdpJSr3e11qjsIF0F1D-ogeU6HUw1syBw)
2. A song of your creation expressing your country’s democracy and human rights situation or your activism for it
(ex: D-town - 518-062)
- Any genre will be acceptable but must be your own creation
3. 2D Printing Arts: Painting, pictures, posters, cartoon and etc.
4. Video Arts: Performance arts, films, sand arts, etc.
* Except for 2D printing arts, all submission must be in video files.
* Any work involved with copyright infringement will be eliminated from evaluation process and/or will be canceled even after being selected.
m Your application must include the below:
1. A filled out application
2. One of the 4 contents categories shown above
m 1st Evaluation
1. Time: Tuesday, April 6, 2021
2. Evaluation Criteria
- Significance of the work
- Impact capacity
- Publication Plans
3. Number of works to be chosen: 3~5 works per category
4. Announcement date of the 1st evaluation: Wednesday, April 7, 2021
m Online Voting: April 7 ~ May 18, 2021
m Awards Ceremony: Friday, May 21, 2021
m Inquires: Ms. Yoojung Hong at email@example.com, +82-62-360-0522
Join Us To Desigante "Universal Day for Prevention of Militarism and Authoritarianism"
Democracy and human rights are being undermined by militarism and authoritarianism in many countries around the world.
Signature Link: https://forms.gle/FMGkxbUKZiNvdrUo8
|Prev||Call for Application: 2021 Gwangju Democracy Forum Parallel Session|
|Next||Call for Global NGO Masters Program (~4.21)|